9.05.2007

Overwhelmed

I feel like I've been gone for so long, and a lot of stuff has happened (while at the same time, nothing much has happened) and I don't know where to begin.

Vacation:
Two weeks with the family is definitely too much. Anyone could have seen that one coming, but I had vacation blinders on which precluded all reason beyond 'two weeks at the beach...free'. This being said, most of our time in Delaware was lovely...plenty of sunshine, swimming in the ocean, kayaking, and good food/wine. The Peanut got a little antsy but did remarkably well for a 3 year old in a house of crazy. (And I don't mean crazy in the 'swing from the chandeliers' variety.)

A Brief Appearance in NYC:
As an early birthday present, B got tickets to Rent. This was especially thoughtful since it's my all time favorite thing on Broadway and two of the original cast members (the best ones - Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp) are performing for a limited time. So, last Friday, I drove up from Delaware and into the city, picked up B, drove to my apartment, unpacked, re-packed (the reason will become clear in a minute), drove back to his apartment, parked the car, and went to the show. The next morning, at 6:30 am, I reluctantly left B again to drive to...

Boston:
The Librarian and I headed up to Boston for the weekend in my parent's car (woohoo!) to visit L & D (who clearly need blog nicknames)and Honeychild & Big Daddy, and to check out Groomzilla and MS's new apartment. The weekend was just about perfect - I had a strong showing in all eating categories on all 3 days. Highlights include: playtime/cuddling with Miss A, L&D's seriously cute 11 month old daughter, a beach party in Scituate with an amount of food and alcohol which is not to be believed, bouncing on a trampoline at the same beach party, spending much time devising pretend ways for E, L & D's 10 year old son, to pantomime dying (examples: any and all manner of explosions and/or poisoning, killer bees, vicious rhetoric, bad clams), and deconstructing/critiquing Big Daddy's music filing system.

The Drive Home, Tuesday, 6 am:
It sucked, quite simply.

Back at Work:
I forgot how to be a Social Worker. Or how to be a good one, at any rate. Plus, the building where we work has been sold, and we need to be out of here by next Wednesday, but there's no available space to move to. This is just about all I can say about this situation, but it's not looking good.

And since I'm out of writing practice, this post has taken way longer than it should have, and I need to get back to working and owning it (my job, that is).

No comments: