9.20.2007

I Suck

I've delayed posting about this until now...mostly because I wanted to tell OrangemanMike (rather than having him read about it). And partly because writing about it makes it real and I seem to love denial. And on top of all that, it's been a difficult decision to make.

But now I'm ready to tell.

So here goes.

Ahem.

I'm not going to be able to run the marathon this year.

My training has been, well, really not consistent, and my body is not ready nowhere close to ready and I'm not feeling great anyway and now I'm in school 2 days a week and my work schedule has blown up, and and and...

The excuses could go on and on, but what it comes down to is: it's just not happening right now.

(Note to self: stop eating as if you *are* marathon training.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you. Making the decision not to run the half earlier this year - even though I was physically incapable of doing it - was the hardest, most gut-wrenching choice I have had to make in a really long time, if not ever. The good news is the marathon is still on the table for you. If not this year, then someday.

Buggy B said...

You don't suck. Marathons should notbe taken lightly. I know been there and been hurt since. Take your time there are more of them. trust me.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I hope you are feeling OK with this decision. Move on as it isn't worth getting upset over. As trite as this sounds it is really true: There is always next year.