5.15.2006

We Are Family

A short time ago, LK and I were talking about friendship and support. (I am now going to totally mangle and mis-remember this conversation. LK, please feel free to correct and comment...). If life can be viewed as a journey, then we need to look around once and a while and figure out who is with us, no matter what we do. We plan our own path, not based upon a guarentee of who will be waiting at the end, but who will be with us along the way. (It's either that, or we move through life as an island, totally shunning all connections and relational activities).

I am just beginning to understand how lucky I am to have an extraordinary support system. I've created a family of my own who picks me up when I fall down, listens to me, pushes me to make the difficult choices, and does not question me when I decide to jump. And I know that the picture will look the same at every stage in my life.

Thank you to all my wonderful, beautiful friends!!!

No comments: