9.25.2005

Weekend Recap

For those of you following along in various parts of the country...

Friday

After the strenuous events of Thursday night (mocktails, the 80's revisted, college students) I abandoned my usual Friday routine of a morning jog and opted to lie in bed and contemplate my bleak, bleak future. When this got old (after roughly 1/2 an hour), I decided that the perfect way to cheer myself up was to tackle the mountain of laundry which had been steadily accumulating for two weeks. I headed to the laundromat where I discovered that a) all of the prices for washing and drying had been raised enough to necessitate my returning home to retrieve more quarters and b) despite the blessedly cooler weather, my excessive sweating problem continues, which created wet patches on my 'Real Women Bleed Orange' t-shirt which I then desperately tried to air out by standing on 9th Avenue and waiting for a breeze. Friday evening, in what is most definitely setting a dangerous precedent, I got a massage at Bliss, finally using the gift certificate I received from L&D a year ago. Pure heaven. Note to self: consider either alternate career to social work (robbing banks?) or marrying well as a means to visit Bliss on a weekly basis.

Saturday

Apple picking in upstate NY with The Peanut, my brother and SIL. Cuteness abounds. I take 10 million pictures with my new camera. I also eat about 20 donuts, and then wonder why I think my face looks fat in every picture. Hm.

Sunday

DJ, BC and I complete the Komen New York City Race for the Cure in Central Park, which is more 'leisurely stroll' than 'race', but worthwhile nonetheless. We then decide that watching the Jets lose is more important than studying, and even better than that, watching the Jets lose while consuming vast quantities of fried foods is the *best* idea. And now I'm home, and I think I have a tapeworm, because I am hungry again.

No comments: