8.10.2005

The Badge, Part II

I just returned from bringing my badge to my temp agency. Temp agency, you ask? Why not just bring it to The Hedge Fund? Or send it by Fedex?

The answer is simple: someone there is afraid of me. Also, the answer to the second question is: I am too cheap to pay for Fedex.

When I switched on my phone this morning, I got another message from the temp agency, rejecting my previous plan to bring the badge to the security desk in the front lobby. Instead, The Hedge Fund had asked that I bring the badge to the temp agency, and they would get it from them.

Huh.

It seems that The Hedge Fund didn't want me anywhere near their building (I hope the 12 blocks between my temp agency and their offices were safe enough for them). They didn't even want me in the main lobby, which is 30 very distant floors away from their space. Apparently, I am very threatening.

So I got straight off the bus from Boston - another wonderful bus experience; I got to experience the joy of Red Sox fans chanting 'Yankees Suck!' as we passed Yankee stadium - and marched over to return the badge. And E couldn't have been nicer, or more confused about why the assignment had ended.

I guess it's going to be one of the mysteries of our time.

1 comment:

Groomzilla said...

Uh....would you mind stepping away from that keyboard and phoning your future entries in from Connecticut or Orlando? You got shifty eyes. I made a suggestion last night that you hand them a Xerox of your VAJ (vadge? vag?) and tell them you must have misunderstood, but then I thought that was tasteless.