12.15.2006

This Is My Job?

When I completed my graduate degree, did I ever imagine that my job would entail:
  • bickering with various and sundry Brooklyn restaurant owners over receipts, tipping practices, and non-profit tax exemption?
  • screening a Ludacris/Mary J. Blige video for suitable language/content and relevance to school program?
  • discussing the ethics of 'borrowing' said video from Limewire/YouTube?
  • providing sex education workshops to 8th graders as a 'sexual health professional' in lieu of same workshops being presented by an actual health instructor?
  • mediating the aftermath of a fight, which requires asking for clarification of terms I don't use in my personal life, and am not even comfortable writing here?

No, no I certainly did not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such is the world of social work! i'm realizing that it's never what it seems. hang in there, ridiculous...we love ya!