4.09.2006

Escape

I've been in Vermont for the past two days, and my escape from New York couldn't have come at a better time. I feel like I can breathe up here.

Several friends (JP, DM) will be happy to know that I am officially off the wagon. After 67 days of sobriety, I decided to have an overpriced drink at JFK before our Friday night flight up to Burlington. The drinking has continued for much of the weekend.

I'm currently watching DJ, in her plaid pajamas, freaking out because our host, BC, only has decaf coffee. I might freak out too.
We're plotting to get BC to walk down the street to Speeder and Earl's to fetch some for us.

...and he's going.

I can't really say that I want to return to NYC any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all things in moderation i say. wait, does this mean you are now on the cupcake wagon? 'cause i can not support that.