12.05.2005

Bedbugs Can Read!

And they apparently have internet access and visit this blog. They're biting again. Last night, as I sat on my couch, I watched a bedbug head towards me, crawling along my living room floor. He seemed to be taunting me by his mere presence, daring me to actually go to sleep.

I've solved the problem by taking refuge in the school computer lab, where I plan to remain until a) finals are over and b) I move into my new apartment. Wait, wait, I didn't mean that. I'm actually not going anywhere.*

*unformulated lie, designed to attempt to fool the bedbugs into thinking they've triumphed

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Maybe this one just didn't get the memo. You know, the memo? The one that says they all must DIE painful, horrible, torturous deaths? We'll have to make sure he gets that memo post haste.

Andrew Simone said...

a crafty ilk they are, especially if there is unsecured wireless...

Nick said...

hi. this has nothing to do with your post but i couldn't find a place to email you. it has to do with the part of your profile that says you don't like sweet/salty mixes. how 'bout candy corn and peanuts? eh. i guess you wouldn't like that either... i'll go type the non-sensical word "oazwzq" in now and leave ya be.

Anonymous said...

Wow. And I thought my student life sucked right now. Good luck with the bugs...perhaps freezing temperatures would kill them?

ridiculous said...

caitlin: the memo, the memo. i forgot about the memo. good call.

overly: yes, yes they are.

nick: nope. can't tolerate it. and i generally don't like sweet popcorn - it just seems wrong to me.

dumb: thanks for the help. READ THAT, motherfuckers!

prufrock: yes, i've considered that. i'm going to contact the scientist from the times piece to see if freezing would work - this way i could save some of my furniture.

Unknown said...

sounds bad. I've been bitten again last night too. Stoopid bugs!

bed bugs