2.21.2008

Yurt! Yurt! Yurt!

After weeks of trying to ignore my low-level anxiety regarding our lack of planning for our upcoming trip to California (we're leaving March 8!), I've spent the morning researching options.

I'm hoping that we'll spend one night in Big Sur, even though B is not much of an outdoor enthusiast (Read: not at all, unless he happens to be camping on 23rd Street and 7th Avenue to audition for Last Comic Standing. And even then - not so much.)

I believe I've found a place that will make both of us happy: here! Right near the ocean...outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi...moderately priced. Best of all, accomodations are in "yurts". I'm not entirely clear what a "yurt" is, or what it stands for, but I know this: I absolutely HAVE to stay in one.

And then possibly have a t-shirt made that tells EVERYONE that I have slept in a "yurt".

2 comments:

Buggy B said...

I believe a Yurt is a round tent type structure that is used for houseing in Mongolia. I friend of mine I believe has stayined in many Yurts out in the sheparding countryside of Mongolia. Do a search on it in that context. I hoope you have a BLAST.

nyczoo said...

I just hope you were sure to ask for the "Whale Lover's Special." :)