6.21.2006

Riveting

So it turns out this not working thing? Doesn't really make good blog fodder.

Seriously, nothing going on here.

1. Reading. I returned 7 books to the library on Monday. I had read all of them since my previous visit on Friday. My post-grad school rule: if the cover has bright colors and the content requires no thought, I'm checking it out. [Also, I don't know why, but other library patrons like to ask me questions, usually about how to use the computer. I must have 'MSW' tattoed on my forehead, because their inquiries always lead to personal disclosures. Example: I demonstrate the magic of Google for the man next to me, which leads to a discussion of his prior felonies and the confession of his dream of becoming an x-ray technician.]

2. Yoga. I sweat a lot. I wonder what yoga is going to be like in August when it is really hot outside. I try to do a headstand without using the wall. If Cute Yoga Guy is there, I think about asking him if he wants to get coffee after class.

3. Internet. Check e-mail. Check socialservice.com, idealist.org, monster.com, nytimes.com. Read other blogs. Read archived 'Grey's Anatomy' recaps on televisionwithoutpity.com. Check e-mail. Check job sites again. Check e-mail. Send resumes. Edit my cover letter.

4. Walking. Walk around my neighborhood. Walk up 9th Avenue until it becomes Columbus. Walk to Central Park. Walk across town. Walk downtown to Chelsea. Walk along the Hudson River.

5. Fret about my bank balance.

6. Call people. Get voicemail. Text people. Get no response.

7. Look out my window. Listen to the 24hour party taking place just beyond my front door with its various cast of characters who are perpetually drunk, stoned, or both.

8. Nap.

No comments: