6.22.2006

I Just Don't Get It

Why am I single? I ask this question a lot (usually in self-mocking after I've done something particularly stupid) and never have a satisfactory answer.

Personality? Awesome.
Looks? Awesome.
Intelligence? Awesome.
Sense of Humor? Awesome.
Swimsuit Competition? Awesome.

But today, that question becomes extraordinarily tricky. I chose this humid, 87 degree day to make meatballs, a process which requires slow-cooking on my stove for at least two hours. I just tasted the product of my labor and I AM THE BEST COOK THAT EVER WALKED THE FACE OF THIS EARTH.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm sweaty meatballs...

g said...

Yes, I think perhaps you need to push the meatball angle a bit more in your endeavors to find the perfect man. Any woman who blogs with humor & sincerity, spends two hours over the stove on a sweltering day, and enjoys Milk Duds in the wee hours sounds irresistable.

Derek said...

Mmmmm... meatballs.

g said...

See what I mean?

Damn It Anyway said...

Meatball Schmeatball.
Do the swimsuit competition thing more often....hell forget the competition..just walk around all day in a swimsuit.