7.29.2005

Randomness or Randomosity or Something

1. I wonder if I can convince one of my friends to deliver McDonalds to my office, because today's free lunch is sushi, which is doing nothing to cure my rampant Tanqueray/Camel Light/Unidentified German Pilsner hangover. I can't leave the office as the Yammerer is off today, and if no-one is here to answer the phones for the CEO, Managing Director, General Counsel, CFO and COO, apparently, the world will end.

2. While we're discussing hangovers, why doesn't vitaminwater make a flavor called 'hangover'? Maybe I'll write them a letter this afternoon.

3. Why can't I remember the introduction to the A-team any longer? I know the theme song, but I used to be able to recite the beginning part verbatim ('In 1972, a crack commando unit...')

4. Are the flip-flops that I'm wearing suddenly business-attire appropriate just because they are sparkly, and therefore, more dressed up than, say, your average pair of flip-flops from Old Navy?

5. Is it a sign of maturity or just stubborn pride that I avoided drunk-dialing M last night? Despite the fact that yesterday was just One Big Conspiracy To Remind RidiculousChick of M And Make Her Sad?

6. Were the signs that I experienced yesterday (my iPod - on shuffle - playing three Dave Matthews' songs on my way to work, my boss receiving a package from Oregon, Gawker mentioning the bar where we met, guys in the office across from me quoting Gladiator all day, Goonies on television last night) an indication that I was supposed to call M? Did I fuck up my (already admittedly bad) karma by not calling?

7. Will anyone notice if I fall asleep at my desk? What if there is drool involved?

8. What are the odds that I will ever successfully complete the crow pose during yoga, even though my 'core' and my 'arms' are not what one would call 'strong'?

9. What are those little particles floating around in my 'Rescue' vitaminwater?

10. Is it 5:30 yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those signs were a test of strength and hooray! You passed!

(or something)

It could be worse. You could be in the 9th grade again.

MMC