10.16.2008

It's All Small Details

- We're in the new apartment and we have free internet coming from somewhere.

- The apartment is HUGE. We love it, despite the mess of boxes and clothing and whatnot.

- We can't figure out how to turn the shower on. I am going to call the super. He will have to show me. This will be embarrassing.

- Stewbert is adjusting well, although he has certainly amped up his frantic eating/barking/ball playing activities as B leaves the apartment.

- Oh yeah, we're getting married in 9 days.

- Met with the DJ on Tuesday night who said that our first dance song was the best that he's seen in a long time. Score! He is going to invite people to dance with us after one minute, thus taking a lot of the performance pressure away.

- I'm changing my name personally, not professionally. It's strange to see my new name. I'm sad to leave behind my old name.

- I was also sad to leave the old apartment. Even though I really wanted to move, that place had a lot of memories.

- And we knew how to work the shower.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ridiculous,

yeah, we gotta figure out that shower...i'm runnin' out of cologne!

rock on,

b

GeologyJoe said...

i once had that confusion.
does the shower have a tub and spout? you may need to turn on the water then lift a knob on the tub spout.

Congrats on the marriage.

Unknown said...

hey,i know what you mean about last names. I like mine, and I want to keep it professionally because it stands out more for my writing...I wish my fiance would just take mine! heehee

I hope your wedding goes well, I am planning mine and it has been so stressful!!!

Groomzilla said...

Is there a thingy to pull down where the water comes out of the faucet?

Anonymous said...

b - we are the stupidest stupids ever...

hey all - we finally figured it out. we had to pull the faucet down. it was the only thing we hadn't tried before. we were even googling the manufacturer for an owner's manual, and asked the doorman. ye gads.

geology - thanks for the congrats!

nubia - it took me a long time to decide if i was going to change my name. i am keeping my "maiden name" (i hate that term) professionally, so that may help with the adjustment. when are you getting married???

groom - where were you on wednesday night????? :)