9.22.2008

Bitz and Pieces

1. Had my first bridal shower this weekend with my relatives in Pennsylvania. Even though it was small (12 people) I was still flustered at being the center of attention. Also, I was very emotional, especially when receiving gifts that my grandmothers had made (they are both deceased).

Conclusion: I am going to be a soggy mess on my wedding day.

2. B and I are moving on October 15. Among our friends, this statement is met with "Cool! Where are you moving to?" and the answer is - we have no fucking idea. Apartments that are available on October 15 don't come up until October 1. So it's a big ole mystery to us. Which is kinda fun. Not.

Conclusion: This is not the excitement that we need 10 days before our wedding.

3. Instead of walking around in a perpetual rage re: Republicans, I can actually do something productive. Which might involve traveling to swing states to canvass undecided voters. How I'm going to fit that in with all the other stuff, I also have no fucking idea. But I think it might be more important than, say, obsessing over cocktail napkins.

Conclusion: I gotta do something.

4. September health month is going well, in that I haven't had any alcohol.

Conclusion: I picked a bad month to stop sniffing glue.

5. The Today Show is neither "news" or a "program".

Conclusion: Discuss amongst yourselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ridiculous,

you're going to Ohio to troll for votes?

Wow - good thing I read your blog.

rock on,

b

chichimama said...

It is a "show," and it happens "Today," therefore it is rather aptly named!