8.24.2008

Dear People Who Stayed In Our Apartment Last Week

I hope you enjoyed your stay in New York City as much as you enjoyed eating all of the expensive Greek yogurt and gourmet cheese that we left in the refrigerator.

I'm just wondering why, exactly, it was necessary to move all of my shoes underneath the bed? Or to leave the teapot in the bathroom? Or to use our couch cushions at the dining room table?

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely appreciating the rotting grapes and dead flowers that you left behind, along with the mysterious gooey substance found in the garbage can. And I'm SO GLAD you liked my Gingerman body scrub - apparently, enough to take it with you! It's always fun to discover new products, isn't it?

For our part, we'll cherish the tea stains in our mugs, and the slightly squicked out feeling of not knowing *exactly* what took place last week in our home for years to come.

Cheers!
ridiculouschick and b

5 comments:

Unknown said...

interesting house guests...i like to leave my teapot in the bathroom too, you never know when another contraption for holding liquids will come in handy in the loo...heehee

Anonymous said...

from you houseguests:

you are welcome.

Anonymous said...

nubia: ugh. i can only imagine what it was doing in there...time for a new teapot

anonymous: you left some clothing here and we are holding it hostage!

Anonymous said...

i hate those clothes. just don't hurt the teapot. it wouldn't be right.

andebobandy said...

i cannot believe that you let strangers stay in your place. i let a friend stay in ours once, and she so overfed my turtle that i couldn't even see him in his tank. don't get me wrong, he had never been happier, but i was all, "i cleaned my sink for this?"