11.20.2007

Pod People

B's house (now my house too, I suppose) has wireless Internet. Which is a luxury I'm not accustomed to. (I'm not even gonna get into the 42" flat screen television with cable *and* DVR.)

The problem with the Internet everywhere is that, most nights, I end up on my computer, catching up on blogs and writing emails. And B ends up on his computer doing the same things.

I wonder if we'll get to the point where we talk through email while in the same room. Which makes a certain sort of twisted sense, because we met on match.com.

4 comments:

chichimama said...

M called me from the second line today, because walking upsatirs was too much trouble. We are pod people.

Buggy B said...

You know my wife and I have sat less the 2 feet from each other. I can reach out and touch her and we are both on a laptop talking on IM. So it happens :)

Congrats on the move. I am happy for you.

Megan Crane said...

I have been known to call J. from the other room of our puny 1 BR, because I don't feel like getting up or yelling. And my cousin and I once had an entire conversation on IM while sitting in the middle of a big family get together. Hooray for laziness and technology!

andebobandy said...

my husband and i got rid of cable and we removed the computer from our apartment, because we were doing the same thing. it really worried me, and i think we're much happier now...we're certainly less zombie-like.