1.22.2009

I'm It!

So... I was recently tagged by Nubia @ The Disconnection: Encounters with Strangers Blog, which is pretty exciting because I've never been tagged before. It's a whole new Internets world for me!

I'd like to urge all 10 million of my readers to check out Nubia's blog. I think she just flat out rocks, and her posts always provide a new (and often hilarious) take on life in NYC.

6 Random Things About Me:

1. I have a serious aversion to mixing sweet and savory foods. Like, if I'm having pancakes and bacon, not only will I need seperate plates for both, but I can't eat the pancakes until I'm done with the bacon *and* I've had some sort of palate cleanser. (Sidenote: why don't they serve sorbet at brunch?)

2. I was a competitive swimmer from ages 7-18. Swimming is all I did, really, throughout my childhood. I went to the Junior Olympics at age 13 (?) but didn't qualify for advancement, and then gave up swimming my freshman year of college in favor of drinking, smoking, and eating pizza at 2am.

3. My current favorite day of the week in Thursday, because that is when Us Weekly arrives in the mail. Yes, I subscribe to Us Weekly.

4. I'm currently wearing these shoes which make me about 2 inches taller *and* are supposedly firming my buttocks. The phrase "firming my buttocks" cracks me up.

5. I keep a list of Words I Hate: trousers, moist, chunky, supple, slacks, panties, and kitty-corner. I used to have to Words I Love list, but can't recall the contents as easily as the words I hate.

6. I've named my winter hat Egbert, and have a whole accompanying personality that goes with the hat. B and I also had an Egbert table at our wedding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Love that you're blogging regularly again. I missed the ridiculousness. Did you notice that Bush 41 wore an Egbert to the inauguration?

Unknown said...

you are too funny! thanks for plugging the blog, I'll send you a check in the mail =)

that's cool that you swam so much. it probably worked out for the better, I mean, who doesn't cherish their drunken, half-baked freshmen years in college?!

Jill said...

I'm dying to know more about the shoes. Is that weird? Blog more about the shoes!

ridiculous said...

honey: yes. i think i pull off the egbert better.

nubia: thanks for the reframe!

jill: it's not weird, i'm pretty fascinated with them.