7.28.2008

I Back

I've returned to NYC, triumphant (?) and relaxed. Vacation was mostly wonderful, with a few bumps (there are only so many hours of the day in which I can discuss the minutiae of the wedding with my family before I am ready to stick my finger into an electrical socket).

The house we stayed in was amazing. 2 blocks from the bay beach on one side, 2 blocks from the ocean beach on the other side. A roof deck with views of both. Enough space to not feel like I was on vacation with my family.

My favorite moment of the week might have been B attempting to explain his choice of beach reading material to The Peanut (my 4 yo, niece). He was working his way through The Stranger. I believe The Peanut now has a thorough understanding of French existentialist philosophy.

For my part, I fell just a little bit more in love with my nephews, if that's possible. They're at that stage where they've started rolling over and making their first tries at crawling. And oh, the smiling. The smiling and laughing is the best thing in the world.

Our kid-centric week may have freaked B out a tad...and given me a jump on my future mother-in-law's questions regarding when we're going to start a family. I think we'll wait until after the wedding. Maybe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ridiculous,

maybe?

gulp.

rock on,

b

The [Cherry] Ride said...

OMG - I've just started re-reading The Stranger. Very bizarre coincidence!

ridiculous said...

b: ok, most probably. happy now?

cherry: perhaps you and my niece can compare notes. lemme know when you're done.