7.18.2008

B.Y.O.F.

One week ago, B and I went to a tasting for a potential caterer for the wedding. And it was AWESOME.

The only issue was that said caterer was about $4000 more than any other caterer that had sent a proposal to us.

So we wrote the next day and explained that we would love for them to cater the wedding *if* they could work within our budget. Which should be pretty simple, given that we provided specific ways in which to reduce the costs (example: eliminate one of the cocktail hour stations, explain why the rental pricing was much higher than other vendors, don't offer sushi, etc.)

When they didn't respond, I called them on Tuesday morning. I spoke with the catering manager, who was very nice, and promised a call back before the end of the day. Which turned out to be a big fat lie.

B called the next day and spoke with the owner, who assured him that we would have a response by the time we left town on Saturday.

Well, the clock is ticking, and needless to say, I'm getting nervous. I believe our guests would like to eat at our wedding. I also believe that if the caterer can't work with us, that it is pretty simple to communicate same.

B, on the other hand, is writing a "humorous" story (for publication, perhaps) about a quasi-bridezilla.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going with the hot dog vendor is looking more and more viable by the minute.

;) Don't worry - you'd be amazed how everything just comes together, all on its own.

Anonymous said...

hey ridiculous,

I assume the quotes around "humerous" are due to YOU not thinking it's very funny, as opposed to it just not being funny.

rock on,

b

Buggy B said...

I am starting to worry a bit. YES I want to eat at the wedding if I am going to drive from CO to NY for it. :)

PS My Daughter age 13 is in NY right now with her grandparents (my parents) She absolutley LOVES it there. She is heading to DC today though.

ridiculous said...

caitlin: i think we've locked it down - street meat for everyone!

b: i'm not going to say anything about your misspelling. oh. whoops.

buggy: we're working on it. ketchup or mustard?