12.26.2007

Happy Holidays

I slept at my brother's house on Christmas Eve. The Peanut did her part by singing every Christmas carol she knows at the crack of dawn to get us all out of bed the next morning.

So it's about 6:17 am and we're waiting for the coffee to brew and my parents to arrive when she turns to me and says, "[ridiculouschick], you really need to get married."

I looked for the hidden camera, or for evidence that my mother had bribed her make this request.

Then I asked why.

And she explained, in her most adult three-year-old voice, that when I get married, I will "really start living" and that "all adult girls need husbands".

It might be time to rethink her fascination with the Disney Princesses.

3 comments:

chichimama said...

Heh. And M and I spent the week reminiscing about the time when we had separate residences and spent the weekends curled up under blankets watching TV that didn't involve cartoon characters....clearly she knows not of what she speaks...

andebobandy said...

my (now) nephew was 5 when my hubby and i got engaged. he begged us not to every time he talked to us. don't get married, please don't get married, he'd say, all you're gonna do is fight and you're never gonna want to play.

wonder where he came up with that?

Sakira said...

Hey, I even have looking your article and that helped me to put in writing my article about what is rhinoplasty surgery you want to have a test on my article.