10.26.2006

Nothing Has Changed!

So, last night, on my way out to meet The Librarian, Honeychild and Big Daddy for drinks (drowning my feelings), I stopped by the NYPL to pick up some books I had on reserve. But I forgot my library card.

I knew that there was no way I could return to the library at any other point this week. I also knew that I NEEDED to check out one book in particular, so I would be prepared for the book club which is convening at my house this weekend. (It remains to be seen if I can finish the book in the 72 hours before book club and also manage to do my laundry, clean my apartment, and make lasagna. But I digress.)

So I brought my books up to the desk. Explained that I didn't have my card. And proceeded to rattle off my 14-digit card number from memory.

It's comforting to know that I am still a major geek who can recall things like my library number, on command. Because it's important.

If nothing else, I can hold on to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the little things count :-). What book are you reading?

And ymm, Lasagna. Can I come?

Anonymous said...

I suggest you be prepared to rattle off your library card number at book club -- you know, in case you don't finish the book and need to impress the group with something.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that IS an impressive talent, my dear. Wanna memorize mine too in case I lose mine? I can have the librarian call you whenever I check out a book.