5.05.2009

I've Still Got It

There's this super annoying woman at work (she doesn't work for my company, she works down the hall) who comes into our office and asks for coffee, which my officemates brew each morning.

I gave up caffeine 4 months ago, so any mention of coffee makes me super cranky.

Today, she knocked and entered before anyone else was at work:

"Can I have some coffee?" (cup in hand, anticipating a yes)

"My co-workers aren't in yet, and it's not made. And I don't drink coffee." (uneccessary commentary, not sure why I engaged)

"How do you stay energized?" (attempt to socialize to make it seem as if she actually cares, rather than the alternative, which is that she is a coffee mooch)

[Pause. I'm aggravated that she's even talking to me, and I can't for the world think about how I actually do survive without coffee. The question is too big for 9:10 am. ]

"I eat a lot of fruit." (this is a blatant lie, but she left)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey ridiculous,

i think the next time she comes in, you should quickly put on your gorilla mask and run out.

b