3.25.2007

F Yeah, I'm A Runner

This morning, I woke up bright and early (read: 10:00 am), created a new running mix on my iPod (read: heavy on music of the loud and angry variety), clipped my pedometer to my shirt (read: I am a huge dork), and headed down to Hudson River Park (read: not so much a park but a path along the West Side Highway) for a training run.

I ran (read: jogged) for 80 minutes. 80 minutes. I could not tell you how I did this, or what I was thinking about.

At the end of this insanity, my pedometer told me that I had only completed 3 miles. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Luckily, Orangeman Mike had posted about this training tool on his blog. When I got home, I typed in my route, hit 'calculate' and hoped for the best.

I ran 7.49 miles today. I am psyched. I am not so in love with my pedometer.

PS: Saw this movie last night with J. Lots of silliness - I highly recommend.

2 comments:

chichimama said...

Orangeman Mike is out doing his run as we speak. It is actually really hard to find a seven mile route here that doesn't involve major highways. He is doing a 3.5 mile one twice.

Yeah for you! I'm eating easter candy at the moment. Because I'm motivated like that.

Anonymous said...

I <3 mapmyrun.com.